2.12.2009

Quick

I am, as usual, extremely nervous about meeting with my advisor, since I hadn't seen him in a good six months. Ideally, I would have met with him sooner, but he'd stood me up and I was too scared to email him asking to reschedule any earlier.

I clomp up the stairs, trying to catch my breath so I wouldn't seem so flustered when I walk in to his office. I unzip my coat and pull out the new draft of my proposal. It isn't bad, but it isn't amazing either, and I am hoping it will be well received.

I walk into his office and wait for him to acknowledge my presence. He nods his head and I sit down.

"Professor, I have the new copy..." I start, before he cuts me off. "What are you doing here with only that? You should be much farther along. Why didn't we meet sooner?" I'm speechless.

He continues, "Jane, this behavior is uncalled for. You're not acting like a senior in college but like a kid in elementary school. I should treat you like that." He stands up.

"Shut the door." I get up and shut the door. I wonder what's going on. "Turn around and put your hands on the back of that chair. That's right."

All of a sudden I hear a swishing noise and a smack. I'm momentarily stunned until I realize the smack was something hitting my ass. His belt, maybe? Quickly, there's four more, and then, just as suddenly, he's sitting down behind his desk again.

"Now we can talk about your new proposal."

No comments:

Post a Comment