2.09.2009

News to me

The first thing I thought when I read this article was "So since in a relationship I'd say I come about 3 times more than my partner, would I have skewed the data?" 

Also, I have a few other things to say about it. I read this sentence, "England’s study found that women give oral sex to their male partners in all contexts—from casual hookups to relationships—at higher rates than men do, sometimes dramatically higher" and it really pissed me off, probably unnecessarily. However, I think that for one thing, just because guys are getting more blow jobs doesn't mean that's the cause of women not getting orgasms. Women don't get orgasms because we're harder to figure out, physically, than men (thank goodness, if I were a guy I'd get bored, wouldn't you?) and a lot of women don't tell their guy what they want. Making the amount of oral sex girls get isn't going to magically make the orgasm equation equal on both sides. Myself, I can't come from oral. So I don't want it. This doesn't mean I'm not happy. 

This quote annoyed me, too: "Michael Kimmel, author of Guyland and a leading writer on men and masculinity, sees the male psychology on orgasms as comparable to housework: 'Men don’t pull their weight on either front because no one makes them.'" Seriously?? You're comparing orgasms and oral sex to HOUSEWORK? Oh dear. There are so many things wrong with that. So. Many. Things. There's a difference between getting a guy to sweep the kitchen floor (which, sure, will make you happy on some level) and getting him to make you come. He's probably a lot more invested in making you come than in the kitchen floor. 

I'll tie up with this statement: "Speaking from her own experience, she says multi-orgasmic women take responsibility for their own pleasure." I would have to at least agree with this. I think it's important for women to tell their guy what they want, because if they're with a guy who cares, inevitably the guy wants them to be happy too. It might take a while, but you'll get there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment